Support this Missionary Couple
A.I.M Pastor & Missionary
Prayer Letter – Jan – March 2017
A.I.M - Post Office Box 13 - Gilgandra NSW 2827
Please indicate in the message box gift to go to Henry & Maria
] - Mobile 0474 792 735 in NSW Australia
Welcome to our first official prayer letter. We have been blessed with many faithful partners in our ministry here in Central NSW among our own people. Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are being answered in many ways and help keep us at the great task of making disciples for Jesus Christ. We want to thank you also for your visits, emails, phone calls and love gifts. Honestly your support keeps us here and we are deeply humbled by this. Please know we love you and appreciate your support so very much. Thank you again. God bless you.
- My family was blessed this Christmas as many of my children, their partners and our grandchildren joined us in Church on that day. It was such a joy to minister God’s word to them and an answer to a prayer of many years. Thank God I now have two great grandchildren and many grandchildren.
- Praise God that He has given me many years of life. Doctors told me when I was twenty five I would be in a wheel chair by 35. My health has improved and I am so thankful for your prayers and His grace in this. Much of the recent pain has now gone which is a miracle.
- I thank God for the trip I made to New Zealand in August 2016 and the links with Churches, a Bible College and new friends. Their interest and support was so encouraging. I plan to return in 2018 to strengthen these ties and report on God’s work here in central New South Wales.
- My days are busy and filled with prayer, meditating on God’s word, preparing messages and visiting remote areas with the gospel. Pilliga, Gulargambone, Walgett and Brewarrina. I also do hospital visits at Gilgandra and visit Indigenous men in a hostel called Jack Towney. I take a year 4-5 Scripture class at the local primary school and coach a women’s lead tag team.
- My good friend Iky Gordon (Pastor of the Walgett Indigenous Church) and his son Doug and his wife have been doing a great work in the remote towns of Brewarrina and Collarenebri preaching the gospel and holding cottage meetings. A number of younger men have been converted in recent years. Team members Phil & Fiona Speers are now Pastoring in Moree.
- 2016 was very busy, it was my first full year in ministry and we had visits from partner Church teams from Sydney, Newcastle and two Christian Schools. These visits and their support enable us to encourage our local community with kid’s clubs and public events which we couldn’t do due to our small size.
- As part of the ongoing training of emerging pastors and preachers some young men will begin supplying the pulpit at Gilgandra Church. They are supported by a generous new fund for equipping emerging Koori leaders. They are being trained by Pastor David Cox of the Dubbo Christian Family Church in Dubbo NSW. This is an exciting development long prayed for.
- For wisdom and grace to deal with ongoing opposition and strength for the many things God has called me to. That I would be given power as I preach the gospel and teach his Word. That God will bring salvation to His elect and grow new Christians.
- For the salvation of my children and wider family members. For my dear wife Maria, that God would encourage and strengthen her in the many ways she serves me and our people.
- That God would continue to build his Church and send forth labourers to help us in this glorious tasks of making disciples who make disciples.